Thanks to Augusta of B. Barnett for sharing these tips for sunscreen and make up.
And don't forget to leave a comment with your name, contact info and your favorite thing about being a mom, or about a mom you know, for a chance to when a cosmetic makeover and a beauty bag. We'll draw a winner Monday, May 7th. So you have until Sunday, May 6th to leave a comment.
When it comes to your makeup routine, sunscreen is the most important ingredient that you cannot be without!
Here are seven tips to ensure that you get the adequate amount of sun protection.
1. Apply a light sunscreen before applying your foundation. Choose one that is appropriate for your particular skin type, whether you are normal, oily, or dry. Make sure that the sunscreen is broad spectrum UVA and UVB.
2. Apply at least one teaspoon to face and neck. Make sure that sunscreen is fully dry before applying foundation.
3. Make sure to use an eye crème with a sunscreen if your eyes are sensitive to regular sunscreen.
4. You can also choose a foundation or tinted moisturizer with an added sunscreen. Make sure the SPF is no less than 15.
5. Apply pressed powder with a brush to keep your sunscreen in place.
6. Don’t forget about your lips, they need protection as well. Pick an opaque lip color without any gloss.
7. Reapply a translucent powder with sunscreen throughout the day to keep your skin protected.