You love to take them, we love to see them, now it's time your holiday fun reaped some benefits. Announcing the KATV Holiday Photo Contest. This is your chance to share your holiday photos and win something. The photos can be of children, pets, family, decorations, lights, etc. If it's holiday related, we would love to see them. Below are a couple of keys points to remember.
KATV Holiday Photo Contest Judging Criteria
December 17 at Noon
P.O. Box 77
Little Rock, AR 72203
or e-mailed to
Do I need to purchase anything to participate in this Contest?
NO; NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS CONTEST.
Who can participate in this Contest?
Must be a legal U.S. resident; must be a least 18 years of age and an Arkansas resident.
Who is conducting this Contest?
KATV is conducting this Contest with Bedford Camera and Video.
When will this Contest begin and end?
This Contest will begin on November 29, 2010 and run through 12noon, December 17, 2010 (the “Contest Term”).
How can I participate in this Contest?
Submit holiday photos. A panel of judges will judge the photos based on Exposure/Lighting, Composition
Creativity, and Emotional Impact. Entries should be mailed to KATV Holiday Photo Contest, P.O. Box 77, Little Rock, AR 72203, or e-mailed to email@example.com.
To be eligible KATV must receive all mailed entries by 12 noon, December 17, 2010. Winner will be announced on Good Morning Arkansas on December 21, 2010. After the winners are announced, photographs may be picked up at Bedford Camera & Video at the Rodney Parham location in West Little Rock. Please allow two weeks.
All mailed entries should be no smaller than 3x5 and no larger than 5x7. Each entry must have name, address and phone number on the back of each photo.
What can I win?
1st Place Prize:
Olympus Stylus 7040 Digital Camera
Promaster 4 GB SD Card
200 Digital Prints
Retail Value $350
2nd Place Prize:
$150 Bedford Camera and Video Gift Certificate
3rd Place Prize:
$75 Bedford Camera and Video Gift Certificate
What are my odds of winning this Contest?
The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
What else do I need to know about this Contest?
This Contest is subject to the following additional rules:
1. Employees of: (i) KATV; KATV (ii) promotional companies and advertising agencies involved with this Contest; (iii) other radio, television or print media operations in the Little Rock, AR metropolitan area; and (iv) the employees, agents, successors, assigns, family and household members, affiliates and subsidiaries of the aforementioned parties are all ineligible to participate in, or win, this Contest.
2. You are eligible to win a prize from KATV valued in excess of Six Hundred Dollars ($600) only once per every six (6) months.
3. Prizes may not be redeemed, exchanged or otherwise substituted. PRIZES ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE. Only the individual who is declared the winner may claim the Prize.
4. The value of the Prize may be taxable as income to the winner of such Prize, if awarded. Payment of any and all applicable taxes are the sole responsibility of each such winner, and each such winner will be required to complete a Form 1099 and/or Form W-9, or other equivalent form, as applicable, in accordance with applicable law.
5. Decisions of KATV with respect to this Contest shall be final in all regards. KATV reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change, alter and/or modify these rules at any time, including the substitution of a prize of equal or greater value. Such change, alteration and/or modification shall become effective upon the broadcast of the same by KATV.
6. By participating in this Contest, you grant KATV and its designees permission to use your name, picture, likeness, and/or voice in any manner for any marketing, advertising or promotions, whether broadcast, published, or used in other medium, and to maintain such name, picture, likeness and/or voice in a database for future use, all without additional remuneration, all to the fullest extent permitted by law.
7. None of KATV or their respective agents and representatives shall be responsible for any technical difficulties including, but not limited to, telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, or computer malfunctions, power outages, busy signals, other technological glitches, changes of address, lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, illegible or mutilated correspondence, and/or any other condition beyond the reasonable control of KATV. KATV reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this Contest in the event KATV cannot preserve the security or proper administration of this Contest, or for any other reason in KATV sole and absolute discretion.
8. Winners of any Prize shall be required to execute a Waiver, Indemnification and Release prior to his or her receipt of such Prize whereby he or she agrees, among other things: (i) KATV, the sponsors, promotional partners, and advertising agencies involved with this Contest, and each such party’s respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, shareholders, directors, officers, agents, employees, successors, assigns, consultants and representatives (collectively, the “Indemnified and Released Parties”), from any and all claims, actions, costs, losses, expenses, demands, damages and/or other liabilities, known or unknown, absolute or contingent, and whether or not fixed, which he or she ever had, now has or might in the future have against any of the Indemnified and Released Parties, resulting in any manner from and/or by reason of his or her participation in this Contest and/or his or her receipt and use of such Prize, including any future use; and (ii) to protect, indemnify, hold harmless, and defend the Indemnified and Released Parties, from and against any and all claims, actions, suits, losses, costs, damages, liabilities and/or expenses of any nature whatsoever (including, but not limited to, the costs and expenses of experts, consultants and attorneys) arising out of or relating to: (a) his or her participation in this Contest; and/or (b) his or her receipt and/or use of such Prize, including any future use. The winner of the Prize, if any, shall also be required to execute a “Winner’s Affidavit & Release” in order to claim the Prize.
9. Violation of these rules may subject you to disqualification from this Contest and cause you to forfeit any prize won by you.
10. Any trademarks, tradenames, and/or tradestyles used in this Contest are the sole property of the respective owners of such trademarks, tradenames, and/or tradestyles and are used herein solely for identification purposes. Any rebroadcast or other use of the contest questions without prior written consent of KATV is strictly prohibited.
11. Proper identification in the form of a passport, driver’s license, or other form of government-issued picture identification must be presented to an authorized representative of KATV in order for a winner to claim a Prize. No one may claim a Prize other than the winner of such Prize unless proof of handicap or hardship sufficient to KATV is presented to KATV. Prize must be claimed at a Bedford Camera and Video. Unclaimed prizes shall be forfeited and not re-awarded.
12. Selection of Winner: Winner will be selected by a panel of judges by the criteria listed above and the decision of the judges is final and binding. In the event the grand prizewinner cannot or does not claim the prize, the second place prizewinner will elevate to grand prizewinner, the third prizewinner will elevate to the second place winner and an alternate winner will elevate to third place winner. Prize must be arranged and picked up at Bedford Camera and Video.
13. THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.