Thanks to Augusta Andrews of B. Barnett for sharing these great make up tips!
When it comes to finding solutions to help imperfections in the skin, your first thought may be to turn to skincare solutions. Skincare isn’t your only option though. With the right combination of moisturizer and makeup, you can have clearer, better looking skin in just 5 steps.
- If redness is your issue, there are a wide variety of makeup lines that will solve this issue. The best counteraction to redness is to use a moisturizer with a green tint in it. The tint evens out redness in the skin and helps it get to a healthier, more natural looking tone. Not only does it provide important hydration, it also calms the skin. Moisturizer is so important because it is what provides the canvas for your makeup to go over.
- Mineral powder foundation is my favorite choice for problematic skin. It has trace minerals in it, which promote healing over time. It also has sunscreen if needed, can be your all in one cover up.
- Choose a concealer that is at least a ½ shade lighter than your own skin tone. It is important for problematic skin to choose an oil free concealer. Put your concealer on over your mineral powder and blend well.
- When using mineral powder and concealer, using a finishing powder over the products will give you a smooth finish and help your makeup to last throughout the day.
- The last step is to choose a mineral powder blush. It has the added mineral benefits to help heal your skin and will go on more smoothly and more softly over your other makeup.