Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Beth's Favorite Things

Wow... it gets harder every year to come up with NEW favorite things, but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with what I've come up with this year!

-- I have a major sweet tooth... and this holiday season, my "fix" is coming in the form of a milkshake. Chik-Fil-A has some of the most amazing handspun milkshakes around. My favorite right now...Peppermint Chocolate Chip Milkshake. I HIGHLY recommend it. Treat yourself. You can thank me later!

-- In addition to having a sweet tooth... I also have an addiction to MAKING the sweet stuff. I love baking cakes, cookies, pies... you name it. There's just something about a homemade dessert that makes everyone happy.
One day I was searching online for a chocolate sheetcake recipe, and I stumbled upon a blog here: http://thepioneerwomancooks.com.
Ree Drummond is The Pioneer Woman mentioned in the web site... she was a self-described spoiled city girl who transitioned into a country wife. She is fascinating... and has some of the most delicious recipes I've ever tried. Everything I've made... has been spectacular.
Her cookbook is a New York Times Bestseller... and you can find it on her web site, or at any bookstore. (I got mine at Barnes & Noble)
The great thing about her cookbook, is that she shows step-by-step photos of all the dishes she's taught herself to cook through the years. There's a lot of butter involved.... and that CAN'T be bad. The book is a little less than $30. Buy it... and you will not be disappointed. The cinnamon roll recipe alone is worth the cost of the book!

-- This time of year can wreak havoc on your skin, if you aren't careful. I don't know about you... but my hands get so dry this time of year! I feel like I've tried about every body cream on the market, but my most favorite... are the hand and body cream and body butter from Victorias Secret. They aren't too greasy, or oily... and leave your skin silky soft! Here's the web site for price info: http://victoriassecret.com

-- One of my MOST favorite things of the year... is D1 Sports Training Facility in WLR. I've been working out there since August... and I've been blown away by how much I enjoy it. It's the hardest workout I've ever had... but also the most fun. Ben Faires, Anthony Lucas and all the D1 coaches do an amazing job of encouraging, motivating and helping you reach your fitness goals! It's sports minded personal training in a group setting. They have classes all throughout the day to help you meet your goals. Go here to find out more: http://www.d1sportstraining.com/trainerfinder/websites/60037/littlerock/index.html

-- Last, but not least... I wanted to feature the book "Making Memories"... it's a tribute to the life of my friend Anne Pressly, who was brutally murdered a little more than two years ago. Written by Randy Dixon and Christina Munoz, the book is filled with wonderful photos, and fun Anne stories and memories. I think it's so important that we keep her memory alive. All proceeds from the benefit "The Anne Pressly Scholarship Fund"... which will help other young women who are interested in pursuing a career in broadcast journalism. For more information on purchasing a book, you can email Debby Hook at dhook@katv.com. Or, you can purchase the book at Bedford Camera & Video in either Little Rock or North Little Rock.

Love Ya, Mean It!

No comments:

Post a Comment