Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Melinda's Favorite Things

Hi everybody! Melinda Mayo here and I'm excited to be kicking off this years "My Favorite Things" on Good Morning Arkansas. This year I've chosen some items I have found to be handy in the kitchen, my great make-up find of the year, my favorite thing to wear to Razorback games, and for the first time in "favorite things" history...a pet item that has become an obsession at my house. Enjoy!!

1, Aroma Rice Cooker - I love to cook cajun food and sometimes for lots of people which means I need HUGE amount of rice. This year I discovered rice cookers which make the job so much easier, no more standing over a pot of boiling water! I didn't really research different cookers. I really just bought the first one I saw at Sams for about $40, but I love it. It has a setting for white and brown rice, plus can be used as a food steamer if you want. Just put in the rice, water, hit the button, and walk away. It's perfect rice everytime.

2. Pampered Chef Ice Cream Dipper - One job I hate is trying to dip out hard ice cream. I've bent spoons backwards and almost strained an arm muscle before. But this is no ordinary dipper here. It has a defrosting liquid in the handle. The warmth of your hand warms the liquid inside making it super-easy to scoop. It's only $15 and can be ordered at Pamperedchef.com.

3. Make Up For Ever - The ladies (and men) and KATV are always looking for a new foundation with great coverage. And with HDTV on the way, this is going to be even more important soon. Many of us are using the Make Up Ever line from Sephora. I think it's High Definition Foundation is great for TV and for everyday use, too. Just a little bit goes a long way. I'm also a big fan of the Duo Mat Powder Foundation. You can find the whole make-up line at Sephora stores or Sephora.com.

4. Fan Frocks - It's the hottest thing at all the Razorback games. This company in Conway will embellish your Razorback or other team/college t-shirt, making it into an adorable dress or tube-top shirt. The best way to find out more information and see examples is through Facebook. Simply send a friend request to Fan Frocks. You can also email the company at chelssilvestri@yahoo.com. The cost is $46 for a dress, and $18 for a shirt.

5. Crazy Critters - I had seen the TV commercial for these things and thought maybe I'd order one, but I ended up picking one up at a pet store. They are stuffing-free plush toys for your dog, so there is no stuffing to come out later. There is a squeaker on both ends and I must tell you that my dog, Ozzie, is OBSESSED! He carries his around the house like a security blanket, even brings it to bed with him. It comes in a raccoon and a fox. Costs $9.99 and can be found at buycrazycritters.com, but I've also seen these at Wal-Mart and Bed, Bath, and Beyond. It's definitely Ozzie's favorite thing ever!

That's it! Just some things I've found this year to make life easier and more fun! Stay tuned the next few days for Barry and Beth's Favorite things.

No comments:

Post a Comment